You want to know how to sing like a pro but you can’t wait to be on the stage and impress people. This is the feeling almost every person who wants to be a singer is going through. You just want to sing and show the world that you have the talent in you.
The truth is that many people singing great at home are not the best singers on stage. When you want to know how to sing like a pro you have to know the many difficulties that professional singers encounter during their singing career.
The most important thing you need to keep in mind is that a professional singer has to sing for hours almost daily. It is not possible to do unless you have a strong training background. Singing a few songs with great voice at home is just not enough to be a professional.
Furthermore, there might be some songs that you sing really well but as a singer you have to be able to sing a variety of songs without losing the quality of your voice and sounding bad.
This can only be done when you have prepared your voice for all the possible perils of professional singing. In the following section you can see a summary of some powerful tips which will help you learn how to sing better and improve your singing skills.
Top Tips On How To Sing Like A Professional Singer
- Always protect your throat if you want to keep singing for a long time. Don’t eat stuff that could damage your voice and don’t scream if that takes away your voice for a few days every time.
- Breathe properly while singing and learn the right way of breathing. Put a bowl on your belly while lying down on your back and breathe. If the bowl does not move it means you are not breathing properly. It has to be your belly bulging when you inhale and there should be no movement of your shoulders.
- Do not always breathe after ending every sentence of the song. Try to sing a one normal sentence of a song without breaking it by breathing within it. Count to 30 with a steady and unwavering voice at moderate speed to know if you can achieve that easily. If your voice strains before reaching 30, you need to work on your breathing.
- Practice your voice with various vocal ranges. You should not be afraid of that. Many people suggest that hitting higher notes than your normal range will hurt your voice but that’s not the case. It’s just an exercise that is making you vocal cords move.
- Learn the many techniques used by singers while singing such as vibrato, falsetto etc. Vibrato is the waves you produce in the pitch of your voice while prolonging a note. Falsetto is the false voice that is pitcher than your chest voice and has a lot of air in it. Practice falsetto as much as you can in order to make your transition from chest voice to falsetto voice smoothly.
- Know your voice by singing a lot and monitoring the type of songs that you mostly sing with most comfort. There is always a comfortable range for every voice in which the voice of the person sounds best. Practice most of the songs in that particular voice to always sing better.
- Know your vocal range by recording your voice and then hearing it against the original song. If you are having trouble in hitting certain notes, you would not want to hit them just for the sake of it. You want to make sure you hit those notes while keeping the emotions of the song alive. Cracked, strained and flat voice is the indicator telling you that you are reaching for notes that are not within your range.
- Stretch a note and play a beat in the background to increase your breathing time and having more control on your voice. See for how many beats you can keep up the steady voice. Stop and note the time as soon as your voice starts straining. Try to cover more beats as the time passes.
- Always try to hum a song before you start singing it on stage. Humming is known for giving you a great warm up before you start singing.
- If you want to add power to your singing, you will have to keep your chin straight while hitting the high notes. Many singers would raise their chin as soon as they reach higher notes. This works great but only for a limited time. You want to make sure your chin is pointed a little downwards while singing regardless of the notes you are hitting.
- Always relax before you start singing because if you want to sing like a pro you will have to act like a pro. Professional singers can’t go on stage with a shaky confidence because this will clearly show up in their voice. You want to feel confident and relaxed while singing. Not only will you be able to sound good when you are confident but you will also see that you have more control on your voice when you sing with confidence.
- You can’t sing songs with emotions without making weird faces. In fact, most of the great singers of the world have been known to make weird faces while singing. It’s just your emotions coming out while singing. Never be afraid of making those faces. As soon as you start feeling that people are looking at your faces, you will start losing control of your voice.
- Keep a tuned instrument with you while singing and try to match the notes of the instrument with yours. This will keep on you perfect pitch while singing. This will also ensure that you are singing the right notes.
- Take proper online lessons or classes from a trainer in order to train your voice for professional singing. There are several interactive online courses that are conducted by some of the most famous singers of the world.
Keep working on your voice as much as you can and if you are not scared of practicing a lot, you will know how to sing like a professional singer in less than a year.